I am a electrical engineer based in Saxony Germany.
Since my childhood I am interested in science and technical topics.
During my studies at the university of applied science I started to work in the Industry as hardware design engineer and supervisor mainly in R&D also project managment.
I gained experiences in the following areas:
- high current/power distribution units (PDU's) up to some 100Amps
- power supply designs: isolated flyback, buck-, boost-, sepic-converters high-/low-voltage
- low power µC designs based on MSP430 from Texas instruments
- multiple controller designs from STM32F0 up to ARM A5 with DDR3 memory
- multiple FPGA designs + DDR3 memory
- GIG-Ethernet, RS485, RS232, I²C, SPI, I²S, MIPI, HDMI,...
- high density designs with up to 5.500 components (DDR3, DDR2. FPGA, ARM A8 analog video (fullHD), ADC,..)
- very high density designs with PoP (0.4mm pitch, Package-on-Package), 0201 etc.
- designing solder mashines to be able to solder PoP (Package On Package) IC's in the lab
- Sub 1Ghz designs like Zwave and >1GHz like ZigBee, Bluetooth,...
- WiFi implementations with different vendors
- analog and differential video processing units up to 4K60
- audio amplifiers
- controlled impedance PCB's
- building test and measurement equipment like near filed probes to debug EMI issues
- VDE, UL conform designs
Beside my daily work I am interested in old analog circuits and how they work. I build many tube amplifiers, speakers and nixie tube clocks. Some examples could be seen in the different sections
of this page.